ONLINE ROULETTE TERMSThe American Wheel - This wheel has 38 partitions that are numbered from 1 to 36 plus 0 and 00. Even numbers are red and odd numbers black. "0" and "00" are green. With extra "00" partition the house has an good advantage of 5.26% (whenever 0 or 00 are hit, all bets lose).
The European Wheel - This wheel has 37 partitions that are numbered from the 1 to 36 and 0. With having only 1 zero the house has an advantage of 2.70%. In the European roulette the house advantage is twice less then in American wheel game.
- Straight bet - A bet on a single number pays 35:1
- Split bet - A bet on 2 adjacent numbers pays 17:1
- Street bet - A bet on 3 numbers on a horizontal line pays 11:1
- Corner bet - A bet on a block of 4 numbers pays 8:1
- Line bet - A bet on 6 numbers in 2 adjacent rows pays 5:1
- Column bet - A bet on 1 of 3 vertical columns of 12 numbers pays 2:1
- Dozen bet - A bet on 12 numbers, low (1-12), middle (13-24) or high (25-36) pays 2:1
- Even bet - A bet on even or odd, red or black, low (1-18) or high (19-36) pays 1:1.
- Inside Bet - A wager placed on any individual number on the roulette table layout including 0 or 00, or any combination of the numbers.
- Five Number Bet - The bet which gives the casino a 7.89% edge over the player. Bets numbers 0, 00, 1, 2, 3 at the same time. It's the worst bet in roulette.
En Prison / La Partage Rule - if you make even-money outside bets (odds or even, red or black, low [1-18] or high [19-36]) and the ball lands on 0 you either lose half the bet or your bet is "imprisoned" and the result to be determined on the next spin.
Inside Bet - A bet on any number or set of numbers on the roulette table. Inside Bets include: 5-number bets, 6-number bets, Corner bets, Split bets, Straight bets and Trio bets.
Outside Bet - A bet on Red, Black, Odd, Even, High (19 to 36) or Low numbers (1 to 18). Outside Bets include: Columns bets, Dozens bets, Even or Odd bets, High or Low bets and Red or Black bets .
Toke - A gratuity or tip a player gives the dealer.
Wheel Checks - Special unmarked chips that are used on roulette tables.
Parlay / Press - Leaving previous round winnings on top of your current bet.
Neighbors - The numbers immediately to the left and right of the winning number.
See Roulette History ►